[DRBD-user] Help, cannot get drbd processes to connect between two nodes

Doug Knight dknight at wsi.com
Fri May 4 15:57:25 CEST 2007

I think I got it, and for the forum, here's what I did. I'm guessing
that somehow I wound up with a split brain condition within DRBD. Though
I could influence the cs state by starting drbd on each node in a
different order (which led me to conclude they WERE talking, just
refusing to connect), they would not complete the connection. I found on
the man page for drbdsetup, under the NET command, the option -D, and
the key phrase "nodes refuse to connect" ;)

The command I used was:

drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 NET 10.4.4.5 10.4.4.4 C -D

The partitions are now connected and resyncing.

Doug