[DRBD-user] drbd reload

Pilot, Michael J (Mike) mpilot at avaya.com
Thu Mar 1 14:59:54 CET 2007

When the ethernet port used by drbd goes down and comes back up, I have
a system that gets into a Primary/unknown - Secondary/unknown state. The
quickest recovery method I have found is "service drbd reload". Is there
any overall service impact when issuing a drbd reload? The systems
appear to recover in under 1 second. It appears that the Primary server
will queue messages while in this state - How large is the queue buffer?
I have not had any luck finding any documentation around either
question.

Thanks,
Mike