[DRBD-user] drbd.conf - simple question re: device & disk

Karl R. Balsmeier karl at clickability.com
Fri Jun 22 00:03:16 CEST 2007

Just a clarification question, -i'm new to setting up drbd and just want
to know if "device" is a device being *created* on my system by way of
this file and an active drbd, or an existing device in /dev I should list?

It appears very much like a variable, but in reading the man pages and
FAQ's, it didn't explicitly say : (

device    /dev/drbd1;
                 disk      /dev/hda7;

-karl