[DRBD-user] primary / primary as shared storage

Robert Verspuy robert at exa-omicron.nl
Mon Jul 23 20:26:38 CEST 2007

Chris,

I just red http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/doc/nfscookbook.pdf

And the purpose of the quorum disk is to have a device, which can be used,
to determine which of the two nodes will continue, after they loose all
other contact. So If you don't have a SAN or 3rd machine, you probably use
an ethernet connection to sync the data????.
DRBD would transfer over the same ethernet connection.
If you loose the sync, (which could be caused by the ethernet connection,
which is not working anymore). Then DRBD can't get any data synced also.
So the whole purpose of a quorum disk can not be used in this situation.

(Correct me if I'm wrong.. I'm also currently looking for a way to setup a
loadbalanced NFS server with DRBD, and probably GFS2, but still searching,
and reading, to find the way I really want to...)

Regards,
Robert