cluster lvm (clvm) and cluster manager (cman) in reply to [DRBD-user] DRBD 8.0 primary / primary and LVM

Maxim Doucet maxim at alamaison.fr
Tue Jul 17 17:36:01 CEST 2007

Håkan a écrit :
> Maxim Doucet wrote:
>
>> clvm (http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/clvm/) needs cman
>> (http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/cman/) as a dependency (at least with
>> the yum package manager under fedora core 7).
>>
>> Because cman is attempted to manage the cluster, I was wondering if
>> there could be any confusion/conflict with Heartbeat Linux-HA
>> (http://www.linux-ha.org/), which is used to manage DRBD ?
>>
>> Or maybe there is a simple, minimalist configuration to cman that only
>> allows to take advantage of distributed/clustered lvm? This would be
>> without all the "cluster management" features that would actually be
>> dedicated to Hearbeat Linux-HA.
>>

> Yes, i use a very simple and minimalistic config in
> /etc/cluster/cluster.conf, to get the basic functionality of clvm going.
> I'd probably continue with this and then set up heartbeat, if i wanted
> to use it.

Here's a link to some information about multi-access and LVM, cluster
LVM, DRBD and how to manually set up LVM across DRBD nodes  : Re:
[Xen-users] Re: LVM on DRBD -OR- DRBD on LVM?
<http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-06/msg00835.html>

--
Maxim Doucet - www.alamaison.fr
sys admin @ la maison