[DRBD-user] Need stonith when using DRBD8 + GFS ?

George H george.dma at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 10:05:50 CEST 2007

Hi,

I already have setup a cluster using DRBD 7.x and Hearteat R1 and I
use STONITH devices to manage splitbrain on it.

I was wondering if I use DRBD 8.x and Heartbeat R1 or R2 with GFS (or
OCFS2 whichever) on DRBD.. do I still need STONITH devices? or if one
node gets the plug pulled the other node will continue since it's
already in primary mode. And when the second node comes back it will
sync up and then go primary automatically.

Thanks.
--
"Nothing is impossible for the person that doesn't have to do it"
"The probability of anything happening is in inverse ratio to its desirability"
george.dma at gmail.com