[DRBD-user] GigE vs Bonded NICs

Mike Tewner tewner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 13:05:57 CEST 2007

Oh. That's simple:

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.loadshare.html

# tc qdisc add dev eth1 root teql0
# tc qdisc add dev eth2 root teql0
# ip link set dev teql0 up

Don't forget the 'ip link set up' command!

This needs to be done on both hosts. The device teql0 is basically a
roundrobbin distributor over eth1 and eth2, for sending packets. No data
ever comes in over an teql device, that just appears on the 'raw' eth1 and
eth2.

But now we just have devices, we also need proper routing. One way to do
this is to assign a /31 network to both links, and a /31 to the teql0 device
as well:

On router A:

# ip addr add dev eth1 10.0.0.0/31
# ip addr add dev eth2 10.0.0.2/31