[DRBD-user] What is official way to build DRBD on SUSE-like distros?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 01:07:04 CET 2007

On 1/29/07, Igor Yu. Zhbanov <bsg at uniyar.ac.ru> wrote:
> What is official way to build DRBD on SUSE-like distros?
>
> Hello!
>
> I use openSUSE-10.2 and want to build drbd correctly. But automagic not works:

I'm not a drbd expert, but I do use opensuse a fair amount.

Since drbd is included in the 10.2 you can install it via yast if you
don't actually need to compile the source yourself.

If really do need source to compile:

You can get the source rpm off the DVD/CD you installed from and use
rpmbuild to compile it.

rpmbuild --rebuild drbd.src.rpm

I think that will create a rpm file you can install.  By looking at
the specfile it extracts you can see what patches SuSE applies beyond
the standard code.  You can also see any args they pass into make etc.

Further, if there is something in the specfile you want to change, you
can do that manually then recompile with:

rpmbuild -bb <path_to_spec_file>

Again that should create rpm files that you would need to install yourself.

HTH
Greg
--
Greg Freemyer