[DRBD-user] MySQL (master) HA setup with DRBD example/howto?

Christian Rishøj christian at rishoj.net
Tue Jan 16 16:39:59 CET 2007

On 16 Jan 2007, at 16:08, Alexander Lind wrote:

> Tim Stoop wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've been searching for an example of a read/write MySQL server in
>> a HA setup, using DRBD. I'm expecting trouble with inconsistent
>> tables and such, if the primary fails abruptly. The secondary will
>> ofcourse need to do a fsck, but how will MySQL hold up? Anyone
>> have some documentation which describes a good setup including
>> scripts? Thanks in advance!
>
> I think using mysqls own cluster solution would be a better idea.

Agreed. Use either MySQL Cluster [1] or set up several ordinary MySQL
server with circular replication [2].

If you insist on running several MySQL servers on the same set of
data files (ie. using DRBD + OCFS2 or OpenGFS), it is possible if you
enable external locking in MySQL.

Regards
Christian

[1] http://www.mysql.com/products/database/cluster/