[DRBD-user] Drbd on a 5.5tb array

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Jan 12 22:15:38 CET 2007

/ 2007-01-12 12:36:46 +0200
\ Garith Dugmore:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning to mirror a 5.5tb array with drbd and would like to hear of users' experiences with the software on large arrays.
>
> Currently approximately 2.0tb of data exists on one the servers; is there an way to setup drbd on both servers without interrupting
> services?

if you currently have that data on some sort of devicemapper logical
volume, I could come up with a method to set it up with virtually no
service interruption. but this is dependend on how you actually serve
the data.

otherwise, you have to take a downtime as long as it takes to "restart"
your services.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :