[DRBD-user] drbd 8.x and kernel-patch, any hope?

Ralph Spada ralph.spada at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 23:37:43 CET 2007

Hi,

I'd like to do a DRBD installation on two servers of a customer where
it's not allowed to run a modular server for their security policy.
I've tried to patch many versions of the 2.6 kernel series (taken from
the kernel.org site with no other patch applied), but the make
kernel-patch simply fails. I've tried to remove some check from the
patch-kernel script (the mempool and hlist checks), the patch is
generated but the kernel doesn't compile for missing .h files
references & similar problems. I've readed this thread on the mailing
list
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network.drbd/9279/focus=9286
and I'd like to know if there is any hope to see a working kernel
patch again or if I better start to mess with it myself.

Thank you in advance!