[DRBD-user] OCFS2 over DRBDv8

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Feb 27 22:01:47 CET 2007

/ 2007-02-27 20:41:47 +0000
\ Rene Mayrhofer:
> Am Dienstag, 27. Februar 2007 19:09 schrieb lars:
> > go, bug them!
> I bugged the Debian kernel team instead - #412748.
>
> > an other hint: you definetly want to increase the ocfs2 heartbeat
> > "retries" so it is much higher than any drbd timeout might be.
> > with the default of (iirc) 7, both ocfs2 nodes may decide to fence
> > themselves whithin some seconds when the network has some hickups.
> Is O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD=16 considered to be enough (i.e. 30s fencing time
> when I understand it correctly, compared to the drbd defaults of between 6
> and 10s)?

give it a try.

> > and try to not run into oom conditions...
> How would it if only a few user processes are running?

no problem, then.

> Are the drbd and/or ocfs kernel threads known to leak memory? Or are
> you referring to something else here?

I'm referring to filesystem and block io via tcp...

it is a pretty generic problem.
under heavy io during memory pressure
having tcp (more or less) in the io-path
might throttle or even stall io.
for most things it would not matter too much,
as long as eventually it recovers, once enough
memory is available again for the network to continue.

for ocfs2 it may just be long enough
to trigger the self-fence ...

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :