[DRBD-user] Re: heartbeat 2.0.8: lockups kerneloops

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Sun Feb 25 17:51:08 CET 2007

Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> I'm glad to hear you have solved your mysterious problem and that it was
> hardware after all. I have managed to back port Lars patch to fix the
> performance problems with drbd and md raid-1 to CentOS 2.6.9 plus, I
> successfully build a custom version of the latest stable and it tested
> successfully.
>
> I'm trying to get it included in the next CentOS 4.4 plus kernel update.
>
> If you want I can forward the patches and my recipe for building
> painlessly.
>
> -Ross

Ross,
Lars had mentioned that the patch was in 2.6.19-3 and I just checked the
change log and yes it is in there. We are using FC6 on our machines and
currently they are running 2.6.19-1.xxxx. So I'm looking into whether
2.6.19-3 may be coming available for FC6. We too were also running
CentOS for a while but we ran into too many problems with getting
hardware and drivers to work with it so we decided to switch to FC6
which provided us with better hardware support. We would maybe look at
CentOS 5 whenever it comes available.
Yes, I would be interested in seeing your patch and recipe. This would
be a good project.

Thanks,
Gerry