[DRBD-user] Understanding DRBD and OCFS relation ship

David df at auto123.com
Thu Feb 22 18:46:53 CET 2007

Hi,

I am trying to create a setup where I can read/write to the master node
by samba and read-only, again by samba, from the slave at the same
time.  From what I understand I need to use a shared file system and 8.0
for this.  What I'm not clear on is why I need to use this combination.
Is it because other journaled file systems (xfs, reiserfs, etc) cannot
handle drbd updating the underlying data?  Also, why is it the
drbd/ocfs2 (for example) combo works?

If there are already docs explaining all this, please feel free to just
fire off the links to me.

Thanks.

David Filion