[DRBD-user] Re: heartbeat 2.0.8: lockups kerneloops

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Feb 22 03:33:02 CET 2007

/ 2007-02-21 20:30:45 -0500
\ Ross S. W. Walker:
> > Ross,
> > I was researching Lars patch as you suggested and then I went over to
> > check the linux-kernel list and I don't see any mention of it on the
> > list. So did this patch make it in somewhere? It would be
> > nice to know
> > that it is in the newer kernels.
>
> Not yet is the best I can determine. It takes longer for kernel
> outsiders to get patches recognized and included.
>
> I'm sure Lars can give the full details of it's status.

it is in 2.6.20, and 2.6.19.3 as well, it might show up in 2.6.16.y.
there could be a workaround within drbd module code, if need be.
not having it should not cause "hard lockups" of any kind, though.
its just mere anoying how slow meta data io can be on md raid1 without
this patch.
that said, you are only likely to see that effect
if you have a large storage.

** this would not be the cause of any oops. **

still, I recommend to try a different,
preferably "stable kernel.org" kernel.

a memtest won't hurt, either, just to make sure...

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :