[DRBD-user] Performance with DRBD + iSCSI

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Wed Feb 21 20:22:22 CET 2007

Well, if you write your own app you can bypass VFS page-memory io
restriction by using the generic block layer.

I'm not sure if you quite understand the maxcontig parameter either:

maxcontig=n The maximum number of logical
blocks, belonging to one file, that
are allocated contiguously. The
default is calculated as follows...

This parameter is for tuning disk space allocation in order to reduce
fragmentation, it doesn't affect the io block size.

-Ross