[DRBD-user] Re: MD Raid-0 over DRBD or DRBD over MD Raid-0

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Feb 19 15:28:54 CET 2007

/ 2007-02-18 17:23:43 +0000
\ Rick Rothstein:

> however".
> >
> > as I'm the author of that remark...
> >
> > I think it is nonsense, because it adds too much complexity.
>
> Thanks for explaining your remark. Now I understand the complexity problem.
>
> But can DRBD be used on top of an md_raid0 stripe over 48_disks in three
> machines (Moving to a Clustered_GFS2/DRBD/MD_Raid0 based system from a PVFS
> based solution using nightly backups, rsyncs, etc for protection)?

out of curiosity:
  why do you need to move away from PVFS?
  what is your experience with it?

> It doesn't seem to me that DRBD can do this (3 separate sets of metadata, etc);
> but if it can; I'd appreciate advice on how to set things up.

you currently cannot have more than two nodes active
for the same drb device.

but if you contact us directly,
and explain more about what you actually do,
I'm sure we can come up with something interessting.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :