[DRBD-user] Re: MD Raid-0 over DRBD or DRBD over MD Raid-0

Rick Rothstein rickrsr2 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 18 18:23:43 CET 2007

Lars Ellenberg <Lars.Ellenberg at ...> writes:

> as I'm the author of that remark...
>
> I think it is nonsense, because it adds too much complexity.

Thanks for explaining your remark. Now I understand the complexity problem.

But can DRBD be used on top of an md_raid0 stripe over 48_disks in three
machines (Moving to a Clustered_GFS2/DRBD/MD_Raid0 based system from a PVFS
based solution using nightly backups, rsyncs, etc for protection)?

It doesn't seem to me that DRBD can do this (3 separate sets of metadata, etc);
but if it can; I'd appreciate advice on how to set things up.