[DRBD-user] After a upgrade to v8 it says: (115) Meta device is already mounted.

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Feb 14 18:22:43 CET 2007

/ 2007-02-14 17:35:57 +0100
\ Esben Laursen:
> >>If I change to metadata internal, insted of flexible-metadata internal
> >>

> >exactly that is the workaround.
> >

> Okay, but what if the difference from flexible to the "regular" meta-data?

nothing.  for drbd 8, internal is always flexible, and they mean the
same thing in the config file.

for external meta data, either it is "fixed size 128MB", like it was
with 0.7; then it needs an "index" into the meta data block device
(typically 0), so you could put several meta data areas for different
drbd devices on the same actual block device at different offsets.

or it is "flexible": no longer fixed size but "just enough".
in which case you must not use an index and cannot share the block
device for several meta data areas.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :