[DRBD-user] DRBD below or on top of LVM

H.D. devnull at deleted.on.request
Wed Feb 14 17:16:33 CET 2007

I'm not sure if what I want is possible.

I'd like to use DRBD to replicate one partition to another machine. The
purpose of the other machine is to do backups from the running database
from the replicated partition.

I'd like to snapshot the partition on the second machine while it
receives data from the primary.

Does this work? If so, I'm not sure if I need to put LVM or DRBD on top.
The DRBD man page tells never bypass it, so I'd think LVM on DRBD, but
is DRBD able to notify the upper LVM for block changes and is LVM able
to take a snapshot when changes are coming from the lower block device?

Thanks.

--
Regards,
H.D.