[DRBD-user] After a upgrade to v8 it says: (115) Meta device is already mounted.

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Feb 14 16:30:18 CET 2007

/ 2007-02-14 15:18:56 +0100
\ Esben Laursen:
> Hi List,
>
> I have upgraded my drbd v0.7 to v8 and now when I try and start the service it says:
>
> [root at rtsan01 ~]# /etc/init.d/drbd start
> Starting DRBD resources:    [ d0 Failure: (115) Meta device is already mounted.
>
> cmd /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdb1 flexible --set-defaults --create-device
> --on-io-error=detach  failed!

known bug in the config file parser that has been fixed in svn and will
be released with 8.0.1 soon.

> If I change to metadata internal, insted of flexible-metadata internal

exactly that is the workaround.

> it says that I have to create a new metadata with drbdadm create-md
> res, but wount that delete the data I already have on the disk?

it is the META data, that needs to be converted from v07 style to v8 style
meta data. your DATA will not be affected.

>  on rtsan01.intern.rantek.dk {
>  device     /dev/drbd1;
>  disk       /dev/sdb2;
>  address    10.201.0.21:7789;
>  meta-disk internal;
>  }

so you would need to say
drbdmeta /dev/drbd1 v08 /dev/sdb2 flex-internal create-md

and it should ask you whether you want to
convert the existing v07 meta data.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :