[DRBD-user] DRBD + LVM (lvm config disappears)

Dan Brown danb at zu.com
Tue Feb 13 19:41:40 CET 2007

Ok, so I decided to reboot my drbd 8 / gfs cluster pair this morning after
noticing some rather consistently high IO wait times (40%-60%) in "top" (it
was similar in iostat).
As the server is coming up however, it doesn't detect my lvm'd partitions.
I figured this out quickly and removed the lvm.conf filter for:

filter = [ "r|/dev/sda3|" ]

The specific thing about this however was that the lvm was created on
/dev/drbd0, not /dev/sda3 (which is what /dev/drbd0 is mapped onto), so I am
somewhat concerned about the data corruption problems this may cause with
lvm accessing the underlying device (sda3) rather than the mapped device
(drbd0).

Dan Brown
zu.com communications
Design - Development - Programming
324 Duchess Street   Saskatoon, SK  S7K 0R1
tel.1.306.653.4747   fax.1.306.653.4774
http://www.zu.com

zu.com - now on your mobile device!