[DRBD-user] DRBD 8.0, how to manage a split-brain on Master Master

Thijs testacc at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 12 22:15:23 CET 2007

Hello,

This question is asked a lot, but is still not very clear to me.

What is the best way to manage a split-brain on a Master<>Master setup on
DRBD 8.0 ?

DRBD will see by itself see if a node is up for what I unserstood, but
what when a node comes back online, will it be automaticly sync it to 1-1
for both ways ?

I have seen some solutions that wanted to use Heartbeat for this, but I
can't imagine how they want to set this up.

Some People claim that when node-2 came back online it needs to resync all
the data from node-01. Is this true, or is it smart enought to only sync
the new files ?

If someone can give me some examples or can make this clear to me, this
would be great.

I think DRBD 8.0 has almost everything in this case you need, the only
think is a split-brain that you have to manange well.

Thanks,

Thijs