[DRBD-user] Reproduceable error - creating a single directory causes drbd to fail

Dan Gahlinger dgahling at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 00:17:20 CET 2007

Lars, could be.

I meant "no" in that one point.

I was able to "fix" the problem. By changing the metadisk to a device
instead of internal.
mkdir does not show the same problem.

btw mystery piece, when I use Reiser or XFS, I can't get drbd to work.
always get an error.
I'll scan through the logs and see what I can find, the config is pretty
basic.

Take the drbd.conf from the same (share/packages...etc) and make only minor
changes, thus:

on amd {
    device     /dev/drbd0;
    disk       /dev/sda3;
    address    192.168.22.11:7788;
    meta-disk  internal;
}

I entered a "fake" second system (whether I do it with the systems connected
or not made no difference so I'm just trying to simply it), as I'm trying to
only make it work on one system for now.
then I used:
/etc/init.d/drbd start
drdbsetup /dev/drbd0 primary --do-what-I-say
mount /dev/drbd0 /test
cd /test
tar -xvf /test.tar

(test.tar is the one that contains a single directory). and wham!

I'll double-check the logs tomorrow. I probably am missing something.

I *KNOW* drbd is solid! I *KNOW* it's something *STUPID*! I just don't know
what. augh

but thanks so far. I'll email you tomorrow if I don't find something
obvious.

Dan.