[DRBD-user] reproduceable problem - read-only filesystem

Dan Gahlinger dgahling at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 20:16:59 CET 2007

I can reproduce this problem at will.

Brand new systems, 64bit intel processor (D - dual core)
1 gig of ram, SATA 160GB drive.

partitions setup.
1 partition of 32 GB for drbd testing.

Using SUSE 10.2 professional with DRBD built-in module,

enable the drbd using simple config of /etc/drbd.conf
start drbd service.
mount the drbd device.
untar a 175MB file (with multiple subdirectories).

almost immediately crashes, shows "read-only file system"

Nothing fixes this.
I have to rebuild the partition and do everything from scratch.

Trying to fsck the raw device after turning off drbd, the file system is
badly corrupted.

This is not good. what can I do to fix this?