[DRBD-user] drbd 8.0 pre5 using vwmare server 2 virtual hosts

Jeroen Wilke jwilke at baselogistics.nl
Wed Feb 7 12:31:47 CET 2007

Hi All,

I'm having some difficulty setting up drdb on 2 virtualhosts running on
vmware server.

current config on both hosts :

debian unstable 2.6.18-4-686
drbd 8.0 pre5

compiled and installed the deban drbd module source using
'module-assistant', and installed drbd8-utils using apt.

drbd.conf :

resource r0 {

on host-A {

device   /dev/drbd0;
disk      /dev/sda3;
address 192.168.0.240:7789;
meta-disk /dev/sda4[0];
}

on host-B {

device /dev/drbd0
disk   /dev/sda3;
address 192.168.0.241:7789;
meta-disk /dev/sda4[0];

}

}

/dev/sda3 is a 2gig partition,
/dev/sda4 is a 256mb partition.

When I try to do 'drbadm up all' on either host I get :

[d0 drbd0: disk( diskless -> Attaching )

and then the vm hangs.

I am able to do 'drbdadm create-md r0' on both hosts, it seems to create
the metadata block just fine.

Any help getting this sorted out would be appreciated ;)

Kind regards

Jeroen