[DRBD-user] DRBD on top of EVMS

H.D. devnull at deleted.on.request
Tue Feb 6 14:39:38 CET 2007

I'd like to ask if someone has experiences with DRBD on top of EVMS. I
only found a few older posts with Google. I'd like to archive the following:

HA-Cluster (active/passive) with two nodes.

Both have production data on EVMS -> DRBD -> XFS. All backup work should
happen on the passive machine.

The passive machine receives data from the DRBD partition on the active
node, creates r/w snapshots in a given interval, mounts the snapshots,
let XFS and PostgreSQL replay their journal, shut PG down and
"materialize" (amanda, rdiff-backup, whatever) the snapshot into an
archive location.

Is that idea any good? Should I use LVM2 instead of EVMS?

Thanks.

--
Regards,
H.D.