[DRBD-user] Synchronisation optimisation with multiple Ethernet interface.

Daniel van Ham Colchete daniel.colchete at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 17:58:13 CET 2007

Hi Julien,

if you only have one Gigabit Ethernet then you can do a 128 megabytes/second
transfer at max. And this is less than four 15k scsi disks can handle. So,
at a worst case scenario you would have better speed if you had to totally
re-sync two scsi disks.

But usually you will probably be operation bellow that 128 MB/sec limit, so
your answer depends on if you have another use for this third NIC or not.

Best regards,
Daniel Colchete