[DRBD-user] Hopefully Last WAN sync ?

Rafał Kupka rkupka+Listy.Drbd at pronet.com.pl
Sat Dec 29 17:17:30 CET 2007

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 10:46:35AM -0500, Benjamin Zachary wrote:
Hi,

> [...] Im
> testing it with vmware6 where I can limit the bandwidth between devices, but
> of course the latency is about 2ms not 40-50ms that would be over a 10mb
> pipe. We only have about 1TB of storage and a couple hundred users with an
> exchange server database.  Im thinking the 10mb pipe will be enough  but of
> course I need a 3 yr contract to get one installed so would like to get some
> opinions on how I could better test the scenario.

You can add artificial latency to standard linux network devices with
command:
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root netem delay 100ms

See: http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Net:Netem

If vmware have well behaving virtual network interfaces this should work.

Regards,
Kupson
--
Great software without the knowledge to run it is pretty useless.
(Linux Gazette #1)