[DRBD-user] MySQL-over-DRBD Performance

Carlos Xavier cbastos at connection.com.br
Fri Dec 21 20:52:53 CET 2007

Hi,
I have been following this thread since i want to do a very similar
configuration.

The system is running on Dell 1435SC each one with 2 dual core AMD Opteron
and 4GB of ram.
the network cards are:
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5721 Gigabit
Ethernet PCI Express (rev 21)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5721 Gigabit
Ethernet PCI Express (rev 21)
06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82572EI Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (Copper) (rev 06)

Right now it is running a OCFS2 over DRBD and we dont have Myqld database
over it yet. I run the commands to see the throughput of the write on the
disk. As you can see bellow is that when the DRBD is up and connected the
througput fall a litle below the middle of the value we got with it
disconnected.

DRBD and OCFS2 cluster connected

root at apolo1:~# dd if=/dev/zero bs=4096 count=10000 of=/clusterdisk/testfile
oflag=dsync
10000+0 records in
10000+0 records out
40960000 bytes (41 MB) copied, 3.89017 s, 10.5 MB/s

DRBD connected and OCFS2 remote disconnected
root at apolo1:~# dd if=/dev/zero bs=4096 count=10000 of=/clusterdisk/testfile
oflag=dsync
10000+0 records in
10000+0 records out
40960000 bytes (41 MB) copied, 3.65195 s, 11.2 MB/s

DRBD remote stopped and OCFS2 local mounted
root at apolo1:~# dd if=/dev/zero bs=4096 count=10000 of=/clusterdisk/testfile
oflag=dsync
10000+0 records in
10000+0 records out
40960000 bytes (41 MB) copied, 1.50187 s, 27.3 MB/s

Regards,
Carlos.