[DRBD-user] Connectivity question

Greg Haase haaseg at onefreevoice.com
Tue Dec 18 22:29:04 CET 2007

Right.

Actually, I found this link on Florian's blog about dopd:
http://fghaas.wordpress.com/2007/10/01/an-underrated-cluster-admins-companion-dopd/

... Which subsequently has a link to this page:
http://fghaas.wordpress.com/2007/08/07/configuring-heartbeat-links/

... Which describes exactly as you say.  eth1, eth0 and serial.  I have
just got  mcast setup on eth0 to accompany bcast on eth1 and done the dopd
configs. I'm going to do some testing with this setup and see what
happens.  I haven't explored creating a serial connection on a virtual
machine, but I never seem to have luck with serial connections in general
(thinking minicom) so I'm a little hesitant to go there.