[DRBD-user] using DRBD with non-block devices (read: files)?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Dec 17 16:01:19 CET 2007

Is it possible to use DRBD with non-block devices (files)?

I would like to experiment with DRBD a bit.

I installed it on a server with LVM, where I can create new volumes easily.
The "other side" I would like to create on a laptop which doesn't have LVM.
It would be the easiest if I could just create a file with a size
corresponding to the size of a block device on another machine.

Is it possible with DRBD?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org