[DRBD-user] drbd resource fencing - 2nd try with more information

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Wed Dec 5 10:16:23 CET 2007

On Wednesday 05 December 2007 09:38:40 Dominik Klein wrote:
> Florian,
>
> sorry for the PM.
>
>  > asking out of curiosity: is there any particular issue that's keeping
>
> you from using the heartbeat-2 and drbd8 packages for etch from the
> backports.org apt repository?
>
> I didn't know that repository.
>
> That heartbeat seems to be from 2007-09-29. I'm quite sure we both
> wouldn't want to use that.

The link you provided
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/ha-clustering/Debian_Etch/i386/)
has 2.1.2-24, not 2.1.12-24. There is no Heartbeat 2.1.12 at the time of this
writing. 2.1.2 was released in August per the linux-ha.org web site. Nothing
new since then, at least nothing the Heartbeat guys deemed "stable".

> The drbd version would propably not even bother me so much as I had no
> problems with it. But the old heartbeat version is a bit of a scare. I
> did all my tests with at least 2.1.12-14 and I'm not too keen on doing
> it all over again with an *older* version.

The version you are using is 2.1.2. The backports.org repo has 2.1.2.

Cheers,
Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas