[DRBD-user] drbd resource fencing - 2nd try with more information

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Wed Dec 5 09:38:40 CET 2007

Florian,

sorry for the PM.

 > asking out of curiosity: is there any particular issue that's keeping
you from using the heartbeat-2 and drbd8 packages for etch from the
backports.org apt repository?

I didn't know that repository.

That heartbeat seems to be from 2007-09-29. I'm quite sure we both
wouldn't want to use that.

 > Granted, those DRBD packages are a bit outdated (8.0.4), but at least
they should compile and work OK with dopd...

The drbd version would propably not even bother me so much as I had no
problems with it. But the old heartbeat version is a bit of a scare. I
did all my tests with at least 2.1.12-14 and I'm not too keen on doing
it all over again with an *older* version.

About compiling dopd and drbd-peer-outdater with 2.1.12-24 heartbeat code:

If I put (as apparently suggested in the README) the code to the tools/
directory of the heartbeat code instead of the
contrib/drbd-peer-outdater directory, I get:

dopd.c: In function ‘main’:
dopd.c:490: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘ha_strdup’
dopd.c:490: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
dopd.c:491: error: too few arguments to function ‘crm_log_init’
dopd.c:556: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘init_server_ipc_comms’ makes
pointer from integer without a cast
make[1]: *** [dopd-dopd.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/src/CRM-Devel-obs-2.1.2-24/tools'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Maybe that helps?

Regards
Dominik