[DRBD-user] Xen with drbd8

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Mon Dec 3 20:26:50 CET 2007

Nicole,

drbd8-utils and drbd8-module-source packages are available in Debian lenny.
You'll need to build the kernel module yourself (2 shell commands), as
outlined in my blog post on the subject (just need to substitute the DRBD 8
package names here):
http://blogs.linbit.com/florian/2007/06/11/building-drbd-on-debian-using-module-assistant/

CentOS 5, Xen, Heartbeat 2.1.2 works straight out of the box (CentOS extras
includes binary DRBD 8.0.6 at this point).

OpenSUSE 10.3 should work without hassle too (has DRBD 8.0.4, I think).

Enterprise distro support for DRBD (on RHEL 5, SLES 10) works like a charm
with Xen too, for our support customers -- but it seems like I mention that
too often on this list lately. :-)

Happy testing!

Cheers,
Florian