[DRBD-user] drbd resource fencing

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Mon Dec 3 10:59:34 CET 2007

Hi

I read the recent thread "Suggestion to prevent split brain situation"
and this link about drbd resource fencing.
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-dev/2006-April/000341.html

I ran a little test. I unplugged the DRBD link and the secondary was
still upToDate. I tried "drbdadm primary" on the secondary and it was
refused. After that, the resource was marked outdated.

But now say the primary node fails, not just the DRBD link. How can the
secondary node become primary when it is marked outdated after having
lost communication to the primary node?

Doesn't this prevent failover to work?

What did I miss? I cannot imagine this is it.

Regards
Dominik