[DRBD-user] Re: Suggestion to prevent split brain situation

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Sun Dec 2 22:53:26 CET 2007

> Thanks for the clear explanations. I think it needs to be said that I'm
> probably using DRBD in a less professional setup than you guys are.
> Setting up redundant network connections is way beyond my possibilities,
> it simply isn't worth the money and effort. The same holds for the
> Heartbeat setup, but maybe I'll take a better look at that later.

I find it doubtful that it's "way beyond your possibilities" to use that
second on-board NIC that your servers presumably have, and a crossover
cable, for dedicated DRBD replication and a second Heartbeat link.

However if you're not using Heartbeat, or any cluster manager for that
matter, at all, then there isn't much that will keep you from running into
split brain eventually.

Cheers,
Florian