[DRBD-user] Drbd mysql

Pierguido pierg75 at yahoo.it
Thu Aug 23 09:28:21 CEST 2007

alex at crackpot.org wrote:
> You can do this if you configure MySQL to use external locking.
This woudn't be the problem.

> You are limited to only MyISAM tables (no foreign keys, no transactions,
> only table-level locking).  I've used this to play around with running 2
> MySQL daemons on the same box with the same data files.  I have no idea
> how well it performs 'for real'.  I'd be a little scared to find out...
> But if someone feels like experimenting it can be done.
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/external-locking.html
It's not only external locking...it's also cache coerency and at the end
it's going to give me more problems than benefits.
So till now i'm going to try this way:

drbd0 = mail block device primary/primary
drbd1 = mysql block device primary/secondary
drbd2 = web block device primary/primary

Is there any cons against this setup?
All of the blocks are on top of LVM partitions.
I'll use drbd 8.0.5 and heartbeat 2.1.2 (this is the last in debian).
Thank you

Pier