[DRBD-user] Drbd mysql

Michael Tewner tewner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 07:44:19 CEST 2007

What we did:
we have DRBD in an primary/primary configuration for our postfix. At
the same time, we use heartbeat to keep *one* MySQL instance running
on either of our two nodes, grouped with an IP. MySQL is configured to
access that IP.

If one computer or Mysql Dies, heatbeat migrates it to the other node,
with it's IP, and the not-dead node continues working happily  with
mysql locally.