[DRBD-user] help -- drbd split brain

Abraham olivares Varela abraham_ov at yahoo.com.mx
Wed Aug 8 12:19:25 CEST 2007

Hi everybody

Node 1 connects to Node 2 by a switched network and Node 1 connects to Node 2 by a crossover cable.
Consider the following software configuration:
DRBD communicates over the switched network and Heartbeat (HA) communicates over both networks.
Now, following these steps I can repeat the case where i have both nodes in a standalone state which
requires user intervention to reconnect the current PRIMARY DRBD node.

1.) Node 1 is DRBD Primary and Node 2 is DRBD Secondary
2.) I pull the switched network cable from node 1
3.) Node 1 detects the failure and HA moves the resources to node 2
4.) Node 2 is now StandAlone->Primary/Unknown and node 1 is StandAlone->Secondary/Unknown
5.) I reboot node A simulating a NIC replacement and reconnect the switched network cable
6.) Node 2 aborts the node 1 DRBD connection complaining that current Primary would be sync
7.) Node 1 waits on a degraded connection timeout
forcing the need to run `drbdadm connect all` on node 2

Does anybody knows how can i resolve this issue?  for example avoid the split brain situation when reconnect
the cable from node 1.

thanks and regards

¡Sé un mejor besador!
Comparte todo lo que sabes sobre besos.