[DRBD-user] replicating /var

Barry barry at infosys.co.za
Mon Aug 6 14:44:22 CEST 2007

Hello list

I am implementing a 2 node high availability cluster using drbd and
heartbeat.

My 2 servers are connected with a cross-over cable on their eth1 interfaces.

The servers are running freeradius using a postgresql db and apache2
connecting to the same db with php5.

All my db and web data is stored in /var.

Is it possible to set up drbd to replicate the /var partition over the IP
connection.

All the examples that I'm seeing is using a separate part of disk space with
/dev/drbd0.

Here's what I've currently got configured:

resource r0 {

    protocol               C;

    incon-degr-cmd       "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 60
; halt -f";

    on ubuntu0 {

        device           /dev/drbd0;

        disk             /dev/sda2;

        address          192.168.1.253:7788;

        meta-disk        internal;

    }

    on ubuntu1 {

        device           /dev/drbd0;

        disk             /dev/sda2;

        address          192.168.1.254:7788;

        meta-disk        internal;

    }

    disk {

        on-io-error      detach;

    }

    syncer {

        rate             10M;

        group              1;

        al-extents       257;

    }

    startup {

        degr-wfc-timeout 120;

    }

}

/dev/sda2 is the partition mounted with /var.

This configuration is obviously incorrect.

Would I be able to run: device /dev/var ?

Thanks

Barry