[DRBD-user] Increase HW Raid 5 capacity & DRBD

Forum.Maillist at GMX.Net Forum.Maillist at GMX.Net
Thu Aug 2 08:39:52 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 22:31 +0200, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 06:37:35PM +0200, Forum.Maillist at GMX.Net wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have 2 HW 3ware Escalade 4 channel SATA Raid systems. They have been
> > running on DRBD 0.7.14 on SuSE Linux 10.0 for the last 2 years with
> > minor ailments.
>
> don't use 0.7.14, there are plenty of known bugs in it,
> there have been _ten_ maintenance releases since then on the 0.7 branch.
> upgrade. seriously.

Hi Lars,

Till now I have fortunately only had 3 system stops in 2 years. I
intended upgrading to the latest stable DRBD after increasing the raid's
capacity.

Maybe I should upgrade OS and DRBD first. How does the latest stable
DRBD do with OpenSUSE 10.2?

:-)
Al