[DRBD-user] Configure lvm2 with drbd

Mariano Gonzalvo mgm at euddene.com
Tue Apr 24 11:43:14 CEST 2007

Hi,

    I'm trying to configure lvm2 on top of drbd. I've configured drbd
(/dev/drbd0 and /dev/drbd1) and put them as primary node, but when I try
to create a physical volume this is what it does happens

       pvcreate /dev/drbd0
          Physical volume "/dev/drbd0" successfully created
       pvdisplay
            --- NEW Physical volume ---
          PV Name               /dev/md4
          VG Name
          PV Size               129,45 GB
          Allocatable           NO
          PE Size (KByte)       0
          Total PE              0
          Free PE               0
          Allocated PE          0
          PV UUID               MtxjHy-8zfW-i9nq-TJA4-b6F9-jtcW-FkanLB

    /dev/md4 is the raid device over was configured drbd0.

    Why /dev/md4 it's taken as PV Name?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Mariano