[DRBD-user] Debian + DRBD + SATA RAID with problems

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Apr 23 09:30:33 CEST 2007

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 04:00:32PM -0300, Mateus Longo wrote:
> On 4/18/07, Rodrigo Campos <rodrigocc at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >I would first try upgrading to drbd 0.7.22 or 23 (or drbd8)
> >
> I would do it, but, something tells me that that´s not the problem,

you should go to 0.7.23 anyways. have a look at the changelog.
several critical bugs have been fixed since 0.7.16.

> another error occurred today, when stress was running and dmesg showed
> the same messages.

and from these messages I don't really see what drbd can do about it.

does your disk lie to the kernel about syncs/flushes?
did you memtest?
did you fsck?
did you verify that your chipset does not flip bits during
heavy DMA transfer? (yes, I have seen it in the field!)

> I am running kernel 2.6.13.5 and the motherboard now is an Intel
> S3000AH. There is something very wrong here, and I MUST find it or my
> neck will roll.... :)

sorry for your neck...

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :