[DRBD-user] Mixing EM64T and X86?

H.D. devnull at deleted.on.request
Fri Apr 20 12:46:32 CEST 2007

On 09.04.2007 22:51, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> the drbd network protocol is "clean",
> in the sense of well defined for endianess and data type sizes.
> it is no problem mixing different architechtures on the nodes.

I upgraded one of two boxes in the cluster from X86 to EM64T, I kept all
config. While the disconnected performance is quite similar, as soon as
I connect the both, performance is horrible. Horrible means I cannot get
10% of what I had before. Usually DRBD overhead was negligible (under
5%), now it unacceptable.

Both machines show almost no CPU and low disk i/o, What are they waiting
for? How can I debug that? The communication path between the two seems
as always:

iperf
[  3]  0.0-10.0 sec  2.29 GBytes  1.97 Gbits/sec

(2 Bonded Intel Gbits)

How can I debug that?

Thanks in advance.

--