[DRBD-user] Debian + DRBD + SATA RAID with problems

Todd Esposito todd at toddesposito.com
Wed Apr 18 18:36:27 CEST 2007

Mateus Longo wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> [snip]
>
> and then, i got this:
> # cat /proc/mdstat
> Personalities : [linear] [raid0] [raid1] [raid5]
> md1 : active raid5 sdb3[1] sda3[0]
>      299788800 blocks level 5, 64k chunk, algorithm 2 [3/2] [UU_]
>
> md0 : active raid1 sdb1[1] sda1[0]
>      6000128 blocks [3/2] [UU_]
>
> can anybody help me?

This indicates that you lost a hard disk from your RAID.  Theoretically,
it should just keep running, but I've seen this kind of issue
(upper-layer fs drivers, etc, failing) with kernels <= 2.6.10.  First,
check your harddisks.  Next, what version of the kernel are you
running?  This may need an upgrade (not simple, I know, but....)

Good Luck

- Todd