[DRBD-user] Kernel BUG at fs/bio.c while using drbd 8.0.1

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Mon Apr 2 18:43:07 CEST 2007

Am Sonntag, 1. April 2007 19:08 schrieb Rafał Kupka:
> Hello,
>
> This patch splits cross-boundary bio with bi_vcnt >1 into smaller
> pieces.  Don't know if it is proper solution, but it works fine on my
> system so far.

Hi,

Ok, I have no idea what happens on your system, but the right
approach is to ask, why is there a bio that crosses a DRBD
SEGMENT boundary with a bi->bi_vcnt>1 .

The purpose of the drbd_merge_bvec() function is to make sure
that this can not happen.

Find out it drbd_merge_bvec() is called at all, and what it
returned for the call that correlates to the offending bio.

-Phil
: Vivenotgasse 48, 1120 Vienna, Austria        http://www.linbit.com :