[DRBD-user] Syncer rate limit of 700000K/s...

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Sep 29 14:06:41 CEST 2006

/ 2006-09-29 12:23:57 +0200
\ Francis SOUYRI:
> Hello,
>
>   I have a cluster of two nodes and for the drbd link I have a bond of two gigabit links.
> I want to used the maximun speed for the sync but with drbd 0.7.21 I am limited to a speed of 700000K/s.

may I cite the example drbd.conf:

#
# NOTE common pitfall:
# rate is given in units of _byte_ not bit
#

# Limit the bandwith used by the resynchronisation process.
# default unit is kByte/sec; optional suffixes K,M,G are allowed.
#
# Even though this is a network setting, the units are based
# on _byte_ (octet for our french friends) not bit.
# We are storage guys.
#
# Note that on 100Mbit ethernet, you cannot expect more than
# 12.5 MByte total transfer rate.
# Consider using GigaBit Ethernet.
#
rate 10M;

> How to increase this limit ? I need to edit the drbd_limits.h file ?

basically, yes.
but I seriouly would envy you for having an io backend that can deliver
a write performance of more than 700 Mega octets per second :)