[DRBD-user] drbd 0.7.21(kernel 2.6.17) hang problem

Maciej Bogucki maciej.bogucki at artegence.com
Tue Sep 19 16:44:14 CEST 2006

Hello,

I've been using drbd for the past few years without any problems, but
now my problem is a strange one.
I have HA mysql server with drbd 0.7.21 and kernel 2.6.17. When mysql
Partition (mysql databases) is on drbd device(datadb), server gets
lags - no response for 1-4seconds. It isn't network related
problem(there in no packet lost!!), but
console (keyboard and monitor are directly connected) and all processes
on server hangs too! The problem only apears when mysql database is on
drbd device, and everything is working fine when I move data to non drbd
device(sda). So I'm sure that it is drbd or kernel problem. When I
migrate mysql to secondary machine, I have the same problems, so I think
that hardware is ok  :)
The same problem is with drbd 0.7.17 with kernel version 2.6.14.
The strangest thing is, that I have the same hardware and
Software (drbd,kernel) in another location and there is no problems. One
change is that there I have apache instead of mysql.
Any ideas?

Here is my drbd.conf

resource datafs {
   protocol C;
   incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 60 ;
halt -f";
   startup {
     wfc-timeout  0;
   }
   disk {
     on-io-error   detach;
   }
   net {
   }
   syncer {
     rate 6M;
     group 1;
     al-extents 257;
   }
   on host1 {
     device     /dev/drbd0;
     disk       /dev/sda9;
     address    10.1.6.8:7788;
     meta-disk  internal;
   }
   on host2 {
     device    /dev/drbd0;
     disk      /dev/sda9;
     address   10.1.6.10:7788;
     meta-disk internal;
   }
}
resource datadb {
   protocol C;
   incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 60 ;
halt -f";
   startup {
   }
   disk {
     on-io-error detach;
   }
   net {
   }
   syncer {
     rate   6M;
   }
   on host1 {
     device      /dev/drbd1;
     disk        /dev/sda10;
     address     10.1.6.8:7789;
     meta-disk   internal;
   }
   on host2 {
     device     /dev/drbd1;
     disk       /dev/sda10;
     address    10.1.6.10:7789;
     meta-disk  internal;
   }
}

Best Regards
Maciej Bogucki

--
PGP key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9F74A406
Key fingerprint = 6E44 9A4A 8743 9936 1E92  A0B4 F2A8 87F7 9F74 A406