[DRBD-user] DRBD State Confusion

Usman Ahmad usmanamalik at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 17:09:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am using DRBD for synching two disks using 0.7.21.
When primary server is shutdown, the secondary goes into a state of
primary/unknown, this is OK, but when the primary is switched back on, it
takes the state primary/unknown, and the secondary goes into
secondary/unknown, why they are not able to sync again?
Does this require any change in the parameters (time etc.)?
I have to start the service again to sync them, which I do not want, I am
using heartbeat on my setup.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Usman Ahmad